The Montana Land Reliance (MLR), a leading statewide land trust based in Helena, Montana, seeks a Development Manager. The successful applicant will oversee and implement MLR’s annual fundraising strategy, including developing related outreach materials and initiating new fundraising and related outreach efforts.
This position requires strong interpersonal skills and initiative. Preferred candidate will have 3-5 years fundraising or relevant experience. Ideal candidate will be proficient in WordPress, Publisher, social media platforms and database software.
With appropriate experience, the starting salary range for the position is $50,000-$65,000 with a very competitive benefits package. Position will be based in Helena, MT.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Development Manager” in the subject line. Application period runs from October 15, 2019 through November 30, 2019. Estimated start date of the position is February 1, 2020.
- Work with fundraising team to oversee and grow major gifts, including identification (prospecting), cultivation, solicitation of major donors, and coordinating fundraising team meetings and communication.
- Track annual fundraising budget, ensure fundraising staff are meeting expectations and annual fundraising budget is met.
- Assist with the planned giving program with a focus on prospects and coordination.
- Coordinate and oversee annual fundraising strategies, and other major fundraising drives with mailings, maintenance of donor and contact database, produce reports and donor briefs as necessary.
- Meet with prospective and existing donors both in-state and out-of-state in an effort to build relationships and expand MLR’s donor network.
- Work with managing directors, regional managers, and other staff on special project fundraising.
Public Education and Outreach
- Develop and coordinate annual report, newsletters, and other public relations and communications regarding MLR’s activities.
- Oversee development and maintenance of MLR’s website.
- Maintain current social media platforms and advertise MLR’s fundraising activities via social media and other online platforms.
- Work with staff to coordinate fundraising tracking systems.
- Oversee grant and foundation funding, including researching potential grants, reviewing grant requests, and overseeing fundraising staff’s responsibilities in ongoing grant reporting requirements.
- Support fundraising staff with training on donor software and other educational opportunities.